Top 10 Tuesday is hosted at The Broke & The Bookish. For more info you can check out the page for it and future topics here.
(I just decided to do this, so apologies for two meme posts in a row. I meant to post a review yesterday but I didn’t get it finished.)
I’m not good at planning what to read. I always hop around with what I have. But there are some books I’ve been meaning to read for a while now and some new releases/finds that I’ve been itching to read!
1. The Telling by Ursula K. Le Guin – I read Lathe of Heaven for a lit class and loved it. I found this in a used bookstore less than a year ago but haven’t gotten around to it.
2. The Last Bridge by Teri Coyne – Just a random book I picked up at Target and never read, oops.
3. Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce – My mom actually got this for me at this neat place for teachers. I like retellings and I enjoyed Purity by Pearce so I’m interested!
4. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova – I picked up this and #5 at the same time at B&N three or four years ago and for some reason never read either. I’ve heard so many good things about this one, too!
5. The Day the Falls Stood Still by Cathy Marie Buchanan – This one just caught my eye and it was half off!
1. For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund – I’ve wanted to read this since it came out and I have no idea why I never did! I’ve heard so many good things and excitement about the second book. I’m not sure what it’s about because I like going in blind sometimes!
2. When You Were Here by Daisy Whitney – I saw Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner compare this guy POV to Adam from Where She Went on twitter. Plus I’ve heard it’s a tear-jerker and I like crying in books. Sold.
3. Deathless by Catherynne M. Valente – Someone I follow on tumblr that’s not a book blogger really loves this book and it seems really interesting. I’ve gotten more interested in reading about Russia in general and this is about Russian folk-lore/fairy tale and has a good romance from what I hear!
4. Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill – Class trip and mtb-ness? Sounds fun and the cover is pretty! I’ve seen a lot of positive things about this book!
5. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson – I’ve always loved anything to do with Peter Pan! I’ve also heard this one is a sobfest.
Have you read any of these books? What’s on your summer TBR? Leave your links!