I survived two road trips between Oklahoma and MN/WI and a week being a lot more social than I usually am. I spent the week with my lovely nieces and now I love them about a million times more, which I didn’t think was possible.
Some other things that happened:
- My sister got me hooked on Disney Fairy Fashion. It’s an app/game geared for children and it’s amazing and awful. My life will never be the same. Fairies! Fashion!
- I went to the Mall of America. It was insane! We basically just went to the American Girl store for my oldest niece’s birthday. It was a lot of fun, though! I definitely want to go back sometime!
- I shucked corn. Or half shucked, it’s a long story. It wasn’t much fun, I’m pretty sure full on shucking would have been better. Also, not sitting in a dirty garage would have helped some.
- I got a gel manicure. I have not had many manicures and this was my first gel one. It’s supposed to last two weeks. It’s been almost a week and it’s still going strong!
- My brother got married! It was a lot of fun. It was on the prettiest farm and his new wife’s friends and family are all so nice. The food was great, the wine was better, and there were fireworks going off in the distance during the reception and the drive back to the hotel. Beautiful.
- I did not read near as much as I wanted to! Unfortunately, I underestimated the amount of free time I’d have. I wasn’t even super busy, but I did a lot of stuff I’m just not used to doing and by the time I had time/quiet to focus, I usually read a few pages then I was out.
I haven’t asked anyone permission to use their faces, so vague/distant photos are all you get. Top left: new sister, pre-wedding, with nieces. Chain of love. Top right: the barn where the reception was held, gorgeous. Bottom right: horses! Bottom left: the rehearsal and where the wedding took place.
On book and blog related things: I did manage one post while I was gone! Then I was too tired to edit the other posts I had scheduled. One of those posts went up because I had it scheduled as motivation to finish it, then forgot about it. I should have just saved it as a draft. Oops! Live and learn?
Anyway, I have been catching up on reading since I’ve been home so there should be some actual posts and reviews going up soon! I’m working on some, but I’ve been attacked with post-trip exhaustion and I’m trying to find the will to function again. I will be looking at all the posts I’ve missed while I was gone and commenting! I’m excited to see what all I missed!
Sorry for two personal-ish posts so close together but I felt like something was needed since I don’t have a book post ready yet. Also, pictures!