You know how every year people say the year flew by? Most years, I kind of just agree while thinking it dragged by. This year really did fly by for me! I can’t believe it’s almost December!
November was a bit busy, which is why my posting slowed down, oops. I am working on scheduling posts for the last two dreadful weeks of my classes!
- My birthday (on the 23rd)! It was low key, but I saw CF and got to spend time with one of my best friends!
- Catching Fire: on my birthday! I have problems with some of the cast, but Jenn is so perfect and overall it was a great movie and a fun experience. I only cried about 5 times, I think.
- I finished my short class with an A and had one less thing to worry about.
Books read – I kind of lost count because my Nexus broke. I need to make a book resolution about keeping better track of books I read.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak – the pain! I think a post on this is coming. Maybe.
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams – I’m not sure if I’ll review this one, but I didn’t love it as much as I expected I would.
- Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill – review to come
- World After by Susan Ee, after rereading Angelfall – not sure I’ll review this one either
- Vicious by V.E. Schwab – review to come
- Currently reading Blythewood by Carol Goodman
Posts (so few, oops):
- Just One Year by Gayle Forman [book review]
- Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson [book review]
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell [book review]
- The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater [book review]
- Top Ten Bookish Things I Am Thankful For
- The semester ending soon!
- My Christmas tumblr, and if you have a tumblr and like Christmas scenes/movies/episode/specials, you should check it out!
- Christmas shopping for loved ones! I have no idea what to get anyone but I’m excited.
- Christmas everything, lights, decorations, music, family!
So far I’ve only ordered two books with holiday deals, but I’m still planning!
- I preordered These Broken Stars, because of how many great things I’ve seen about it. If I end up not liking it I might cry because I never preorder things unless I’m pretty sure!
- I ordered Fortunately, the Milk for my niecelets! I might get them The Day the Crayons Quit, too. Are there any others I should look into? Chapter book suggestions for a 7yo would be welcome, too!
- I might order a copy of The Scorpio Races because I love it but don’t have a copy. I also need a physical copy of Daughter of Smoke & Bone and a few other books, so I might keep an eye out for deals and coupons. It is really difficult for me to buy books I haven’t read!
- I’ve been contemplating buying my sister some books as gifts, but I think I’ll just make her read ones I already have and progress from there.
What about you? Did anything great happen in November? Did you see/love Catching Fire? Read any spectacular books? Did I miss a really great post? Are you excited for Christmas, or if you do not celebrate it, winter break/winter in general? Are you excited for anything else? Did you do any shopping yet? Any good books/book deals? Feel free to share all!