Top Ten Tuesday is a lovely meme brought to us all by The Broke and The Bookish.
Books I’ve Borrowed and Need to Own:
1. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater – I read this when it came out and loved it, but never bought a copy. In lieu of a pony, Santa, this will work.
2. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta – Again, I read this a few years ago and for some reason never bought a copy. I need one to cry over and lend to others so that they too might cry. Sharing is caring, right? This is surely an unselfish wish!
3. Tess of the d’Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy – I downloaded this from Gutenberg.org, and don’t have a physical copy. It’s where my blog name comes from and I don’t even own a copy of it. Santa should think about fixing that!
4. Harry Potter, all of them – I read HP for the first time in 2012 and I borrowed them from my sister. It would be magical of Santa to bring me a set. Also, a sweater with a K on it, Weasley style would be pretty cool.
5. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart (May 13th 2014) – A lot of bloggers have been talking about this one, and I really like her Ruby Oliver series! I’m excited about this book and would love Santa if he wanted to put that one under the tree!
6. Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor – I am so ready for this book!
7. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge (January 28th 2014) – Beauty and the Beast retelling! I am very interested!
Santa can get books from the future, right?
8. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins – At last update there was a complete draft, maybe? Maybe Santa can at least gift helpful editing thoughts that direction, which would be a gift to me, too!
9. Raven Cycle #3 by Maggie Stiefvater – I know Maggie is working on this one, so I suppose Santa can send helpful writing thoughts that way. More kissing and almost kissing, more adventures, more angst to twist my heart. Who doesn’t want that?
10. The Winds of Winter by GRRM – SANTA, PLEASE! I need to know what is up at the Westerosi North Pole! The elves there are angry, frozen, and dead. Such appropriate, much merry.
What books are you asking Santa for this Christmas? Leave your link! Merry Christmas if you celebrate! Happy whichever holiday or winter break time if you don’t!