I had a really awful January,so this post is late. I made this post about some of it, but basically I had to move in with my lovely sister and her family rather abruptly. Now I’m looking for an apartment and a job while going to school. I also signed up for an 8 week class for Astronomy, because there wasn’t a whole semester class that I could take. It is a lot of science jammed into a short amount of time and it makes my head hurt.
Because of all of the stress and emotions, I haven’t been the best at following these goals. I haven’t really felt like interacting with people on twitter and I haven’t been great at commenting. I’m hoping I’ll get used to everything soon so that I can be a lot better about them.
But I did cram in some reading before school started and after, so here’s what I read in January:
- Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
- World War Z by Max Brooks
- Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
- Nowhere But Home by Liza Palmer
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
- Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
- If We Kiss by Rachel Vail
- Kiss Me Again by Rachel Vail
- Reread: Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetts
- Texas Bride by Joan Johnston
- Ten Tiny Breaths by K. A. Tucker (but I kind of skimmed the end so meh)
- All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill
- Feed by Mira Grant
- Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn
- Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
- Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta
- Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta
and I read most of All the Truth That’s in Me but finished in it on the first. There were 3 or 4 DNF’s but they were mainly romances that weren’t working for me.
I’m not sure how many of those I’ll get around to reviewing (hopefully some) but I will say that I really liked All Our Yesterdays and the Lumatere series! Melina Marchetta is everything to me. Also, I liked Under the Never Sky and Through the Ever Night much more than I expected to, and I’m on the waiting list for Into the Still Blue!
I haven’t had much time to catch up on blogs and comment but here are some posts I found. Some of them might be a little older because I’ve been busy but they are worth a read!
- Lauren at Books, Tea & Me has a new feature where people show off their home libraries!
- Andi at Estella’s Revenge has tips on How to Keep a Sustainable Blog and 15 Topics for Your Blogging Blues
- Debby from Snuggly Oranges shares How To Manage Your Book Inventory & TBR
- Mel at The Daily Prophecy’s latest The Hard Life of a Reader is on point
- Stormy at BookBlogBake talks about Being a Black Sheep with liking or disliking a book.
- Nikki at The Paper Sea discusses To Half-Star or Not to Half-Star and Giving Authors a Second Chance
And this post has been in a draft since the first day of the month and I’ve had some issues focusing enough to finish and post it. Hopefully things get better soon and I can just be better at blogging in general! Feel free to link me to any cool posts I should look at!