I had a really awful January,so this post is late. I made this post about some of it, but basically I had to move in with my lovely sister and her family rather abruptly. Now I’m looking for an apartment and a job while going to school. I also signed up for an 8 week class for Astronomy, because there wasn’t a whole semester class that I could take. It is a lot of science jammed into a short amount of time and it makes my head hurt.
Because of all of the stress and emotions, I haven’t been the best at following these goals. I haven’t really felt like interacting with people on twitter and I haven’t been great at commenting. I’m hoping I’ll get used to everything soon so that I can be a lot better about them.
But I did cram in some reading before school started and after, so here’s what I read in January:
- Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
- World War Z by Max Brooks
- Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
- Nowhere But Home by Liza Palmer
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
- Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
- If We Kiss by Rachel Vail
- Kiss Me Again by Rachel Vail
- Reread: Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetts
- Texas Bride by Joan Johnston
- Ten Tiny Breaths by K. A. Tucker (but I kind of skimmed the end so meh)
- All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill
- Feed by Mira Grant
- Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn
- Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
- Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta
- Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta
and I read most of All the Truth That’s in Me but finished in it on the first. There were 3 or 4 DNF’s but they were mainly romances that weren’t working for me.
I’m not sure how many of those I’ll get around to reviewing (hopefully some) but I will say that I really liked All Our Yesterdays and the Lumatere series! Melina Marchetta is everything to me. Also, I liked Under the Never Sky and Through the Ever Night much more than I expected to, and I’m on the waiting list for Into the Still Blue!
I haven’t had much time to catch up on blogs and comment but here are some posts I found. Some of them might be a little older because I’ve been busy but they are worth a read!
- Lauren at Books, Tea & Me has a new feature where people show off their home libraries!
- Andi at Estella’s Revenge has tips on How to Keep a Sustainable Blog and 15 Topics for Your Blogging Blues
- Debby from Snuggly Oranges shares How To Manage Your Book Inventory & TBR
- Mel at The Daily Prophecy’s latest The Hard Life of a Reader is on point
- Stormy at BookBlogBake talks about Being a Black Sheep with liking or disliking a book.
- Nikki at The Paper Sea discusses To Half-Star or Not to Half-Star and Giving Authors a Second Chance
And this post has been in a draft since the first day of the month and I’ve had some issues focusing enough to finish and post it. Hopefully things get better soon and I can just be better at blogging in general! Feel free to link me to any cool posts I should look at!
Isn’t is annoying how life likes to get in the way of blogging? How did you like World War Z, I’ve been debating on buying that book for a while now.
I really liked it! I didn’t really know what to expect until my brother told me what it was like, which is a collection of stories from all over the world and it was compelling, and the stories felt very real. I’d recommend it!
I really hope everything is brightening up and that 2014 has bigger things than January gave you! I know it probably looks kind of bleak right now and I’ve already told you this once, but I have hope that everything happens for a reason and eventually you’re going to know why last month was so sucky. I know that idea does not sound as encouraging when you’re in a tough spot, but I’ve been in a similar situation (at least with living arrangement limbo, mine was very drama-filled) and know you’re going to persevere! Despite January being lame, you sure did read a lot!! Woo hoo!! I wish you a wonderful February!!
I do keep trying to look at it positively but unfortunately I keep falling into the negative range =/ I keep trying to list all the things I’m thankful for and think of how much worse things could be, but then I get so stressed and it all falls apart. I know I can handle it and I’ll get through it, but I’ll be happier when I’m actually done with it and can look back. Hopefully it happens soon! But thank you for your kind words and being encouraging and caring ❤
Oh, hope your February is going better! *sends virtual hugs*
And yes, how was World War Z? I really liked that book (it even made me tear up at parts)
Thank you! <33
I really liked it! It was so intense and everything felt so real. I could see some of those things happening. I loved how big the scale of it was. It made me tear up, too! Some of it was heart warming and some of it was just sad. I really liked the dog zombie detectors and how zombies froze and thawed, haha.