I have been super busy in April and haven’t had the chance to actually comment on a lot of LGBT April posts as they went up, but I am looking at them now and I’m excited to read so many awesome posts and find new books to add to my TBR!
- [Author Guest Post] No Longer the Last Taboo: Intersex Characters in YA Fiction by Laura Lam @ Fighting Dreamer
- [Author Guest Post] Steven dos Santos on The Torch Keeper series @ Fighting Dreamer
- [Author Guest Post] A Story and a Poem: Kristin Elizabeth Clark on Gender Fluidity@ Fighting Dreamer
- Guest Post: The Bromance as a Bridge to LGBT Lit by Ellen Mulholland
- Discussion: LGBT+ Side Characters
- Book Review: Geography Club @ Snuggling on the Sofa
- Review: Far From You by Tess Sharpe @ Books and Beautiful World
- Review: Keeping you a secret by Julie Anne Peters
- Review: Falling From the Sky @ Diva Booknerd
- [Review] How to Repair a Mechanical Heart by J.C. Lillis @ Brilliant Years
- LGBT+ April Discussion: Where Are All the Asexual Characters? @ Once Upon a Bookcase
- Spring/Summer YA LGBT Titles @ The Reading Date (too lazy to add all the books I’m interested to below!)
- Review: M or F? by Lisa Papademetriou and Chris Tebbets @ Nerdette Reviews
- Review: Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden
But there are SO many more great posts, both at the hosts Cayce and Laura and on the link-up posts! This event has been really awesome and even though I’m sad I wasn’t able to be more active in it, I’m glad I was a part of it! You should definitely go check out some of the amazing posts!
Books that are either new on my radar or my interest has risen because of the above posts (there are tons more but I got lazy, oops):
- The Torch Keeper Series: The Culling and The Sowing
- Freak Boy by Kristin Elizabeth Clark
- Pantomime by Laura Lam
- Golden Boy by Abigail Tarttelin
- None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio (2015)
- Geography Club by Brent Hartinger
- Far From You by Tess Sharpe
- Keeping You a Secret by Julie Anne Peters
- Falling From the Sky by Nikki Godwin
- How to Repair a Mechanical Heart by J.C. Lillis
I’m glad you were able to participate (even if only to a small extent :)! And I’m happy to see that you’ve found so many LGBT books during this event and have added to your TBR.
Freakboy, Pantomime, How to Repair a Mechanical Heart, Falling From the Sky, Golden Boy, The Torch Keeper series – I love these books and hope you’ll too! And None of the Above and Far From You are on my radar now (thanks to LGBT Month 😉
I’m glad I got to participate too! I’m glad you all created it =)
I’m excited to get to all those books! I’m glad you found some new ones, too!