I know we all always say we can’t believe it’s almost *month* and time is flying by, but this year has been really insane for me so in some ways it seems to be at warp speed and in others it’s crawling by. At the beginning of this year, I could not fathom making it more than a day at a time but now I’ve made it to all the way to the end of MAY? *Cue Britney’s “Stronger”*
Reading has definitely played a huge part in getting me through this rough patch, like it has all the other rough patches I’ve gone through. Characters in ridiculously opposite situations can have incredibly similar emotional battles that can make you do some much needed, if uncomfortable, examining and it can DO THINGS. I really love books, you all.
I didn’t do the greatest job of keeping up with what I read in May and I’m not sure why that happened. I blame Overdrive for some of it, because I pick random romance reads and get partway through and then I’m like “ha, nope” then I forget which ones I actually read and which ones I didn’t. Smooth. A list, probably missing some books and definitely missing DNF’s:
- for class: All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque -wow.
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart – I have a post for this drafted!
- The Winner’s Curse by Maria Rutkoski
- Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
- The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E Smith
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple
- The Passage by Justin Cronin – I finished this book!!! I would like to thank Andi from Estella’s Revenge for her comment on my other post, because it really encouraged me during moments when this book felt insurmountable for some reason. I actually really enjoyed it and really want to read the next one soon!
- All Lined Up by Cora Cormack
- Just One Night by Gayle Forman
I only posted 5 times in May, oops:
- DNF: Twisted by Holly Hook and The Here and Now by Ann Brashares
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han [thoughts]
- Second Star by Alyssa B. Sheinmel [thoughts]
- Life and Books [an update]
- One Man Guy by Michael Barakiva [thoughts]
Some bookish plans:
- I’ve got Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood, the second book in The Cahill Witch Chronicles checked out from the library. I didn’t LOVE the first one but I’m interested enough to want to know what happens to the sisters.
- I’ve got all 3 books of the Razorland by Ann Aguirre series checked out, too! I read the first one after it came out, but haven’t read the other two and I’m excited about them!
- Nantucket Red by Leila Howland is ready for me at the library but I’m going to wait until Monday to grab it, I’m really excited about this one. I really enjoyed Nantucket Blue!
- I went ahead and downloaded The Twelve by Justin Cronin on Overdrive, I’m not sure how long it will take me to get through!
- I’m also determined to read more of The Dark Tower series! SOON. I need to stop getting library books and make myself read them!
How was your May? What was your favorite book read in May? Did you have any awesome posts I missed and should check out? (I am working on commenting and earlier I brilliantly marked MY WHOLE BLOGLOVIN FEED as read instead of the group I was on. I am positive it’s BL’s fault and not mine but I’m sad because now I can’t sort as easily!) Tell me what’s up with you!
I’m totally doing a jig that you made it through The Passage!!!! And more importantly, that you enjoyed it! I really need to get off my tookus and read The Twelve now. I’ve let it languish far too long. I also have a We Were Liars review drafted. That one was really good!
You read some great books this month! I’ll be looking forward to the reviews 😉 Especially with Love Letters and the Winner’s Curse getting so much attention lately. Haven’t heard of the Passage but if you liked it, I’m definitely curious! I love Overdrive but it’s really easy to forget the books I get on there.
There are so many books that you read in May that have been on my TBR list for too long, so I’m excited to read your reviews! May was a rough month for me to get reading done because of my sister’s wedding but now I am back in the game haha! I think my favorite book read in May was The One by Kiera Cass because it was a good ending to the series. I think I’m going to try to read the Delirium series in June (I told you, I’m so behind hah!).
I’m curious about We Were Liars and The Winner’s Curse so I’ll be looking forward to your thoughts on them. And yesss, read more of The Dark Tower books!! ❤ Btw, where are you in the series now?
We Were Liars!!! Ohhh, you lucky devil. I’ve been dying to read that one. Get that post written up!!! 🙂